CAN Recover’s mission is to provide necessary SUPPORT to student-athletes undergoing a prolonged concussion recovery from the perspective of other student-athletes who have experienced it first hand, EDUCATE the surrounding community to create a healthy recovering environment, and ADVANCE the clinical efforts to understand traumatic brain injuries in young athletes.
CAN Recover will achieve its mission through three trajectories. Below are some of the key initiatives that CAN Recover strives to provide for each trajectory.
- Provide online content to student-athletes suffering post-concussion syndrome from the perspective of other student-athletes who have experienced it first hand.
- Build and facilitate a peer-to-peer support network for student-athletes to share their stories and hear from others who understand.
- Host concussion awareness games to educate the sports community on what it’s like for a student-athlete to go through post-concussion syndrome.
- Have a presence at sports tournaments to proactively educate the youth.
- Offer talks at educational institutions and for sports organizations.
- Collaborate with some of the best clinical research groups in the world to bridge the gap between patients and clinical studies.
- Feature surveys for CAN Recover’s network.