Babson’s 2nd Annual Concussion Awareness Game:
On April 18th, Babson College Men’s Lacrosse hosts its 2nd Annual Concussion Awareness Game to benefit CAN Recover Foundation, Inc. Recent Babson grad and co-founder of CAN Recover, Aaron Rocha ’14, finds special meaning in this event. “It gives CAN Recover the opportunity to voice the experience of student-athletes who have experienced a prolonged concussion recovery to other student-athletes and the surrounding community–a voice that in our society is all too often silenced,” explains Rocha. The Babson community is where this journey all started for him, and he share that it is nice to demonstrate the social impact that CAN Recover’s supporters are making possible.
Stop by the CAN Recover booth at the main entrance of the turf to support the non-profit, talk to student-athletes and their loved ones about the experience of undergoing a prolonged recovery, and get involved with the day’s activities:
- #LacrosseToss is back at half time—$1 per ball and the closest fans to the target at center field win prizes
- Play some #PickingCornersForPrizes between the lacrosse and softball field—$1, 2 corners, 3 shots
- CAN Recover Merchandise to benefit foundation initiatives
- Wellesley Youth Lacrosse passing around with the Babson players after the game before they hit the field for some small games
- #CANrecoverRestaurantWeek—all you do it eat at designated local restaurants through the week, show your CAN Recover flyer, and a % of sales goes straight to the non-profit
What: 2nd Annual Concussion Awareness Game
Who: Babson College vs. Clark University
When: April 18th @ 1 PM
Where: MacDowell Field, Babson College, 231 Forest St., Wellesley, MA
JOIN the event on Facebook for more details and updates!